The towing industry is saturated with over 45,000 companies operating in the U.S. The towing industry has grown 2.1% between 2016 and 2021, which makes it a highly competitive industry. Trying to stand out among the competition can be very challenging. Fortunately, here are 3 ways you can market your tow truck business like a pro.
How to Market Your Tow Truck Business
Brand Your Tow Trucks
It’s easy to recognize a AAA truck passing by with just a quick glance. That’s because they’ve branded their trucks distinctively so they’re easy to spot. The first step to standing out is focusing on branding your vehicles. You need to familiarize people with your brand, services, and specifically your trucks so that they can identify them anywhere they go.
There are a few ways of doing this, which are as follows:
- Start by choosing a distinctive color scheme for your tow trucks. You want to choose colors as per your company logo and the best idea is to go for a vibrant color. Colors like yellow, orange, and red are all ideal choices.
- Your logo is your company’s identity, which is why your logo should be visible on your truck. It needs to be large enough that people can see it from 50 feet away. An ideal location for your logo would be on your grill or the side of the truck. This will help make your vehicles easily identifiable on the road.
Put Emphasis on Your Business Name and Website
While it sounds counterproductive in terms of branding your business, keeping your phone number smaller works. We live in a digital era where people rather look up your website or Google your name to find out more about you. Often times consumers can order services without having to pick up the phone and call someone. However, if they wish to call they should be able to find your phone number on your website.
Therefore, the best practice is to display your name, logo, and website on your truck instead of your phone number. If people see your logo and name everywhere, the more likely they’ll remember it and look you up.
Get Positive Reviews
Since we live in a digital era, online reviews are crucial for the success of your business. The best way to boost your tow truck company’s presence online is to get positive feedback from your customers. You can add these reviews to your site, post them on discussion forums, and get yourself featured on various websites.
The best way to get reviews online:
- Emphasize the importance of reviews with your drivers
- If a customer is pleased with their service, ask them for a review on Google
- Send your customers thank you notes
- Ask your customers how they found you (online reviews or another source)
Ultimately, the more reviews you have the more likely a customer will go with your company versus someone else.
Marketing your tow truck business effectively will grow your customer base and boost your profits. It’s important to choose the right marketing strategies if you wish to stand out amongst your competitors.